Area Operations Manager - Southern California
Scope of Position
This position is responsible for the overall management of all the Maintenance and Operations activities within a specific geographic region.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Division/Department: Operations and Maintenance
Location: Mojave, CA
Normal office environment. Spends approximately 30% of time away from the office. Travel includes but is not limited to visits to other enXco locations, meetings with enXco customers, organizational partners and clients, and others related to/interested in the wind-energy business.
- Represent the Regional Manager on contract management and purchases on behalf of enXco.
- Oversee all work activities in the Service Department at multiple sites or projects.
- Hire, discipline, and terminate (within company guidelines) any position within the Operations and Maintenance (Service) Departments related to these sites.
- The implementation and supervision of Internal Control is under the responsibility of every manger within his/her scope of authority.
- Oversee the management, operation maintenance, service, and repair of wind turbines and wind turbine components to specified requirements.
- Maintain written and oral communications with customers.
- Responsibility for the preparation of and adherence to the O&M project budgets.
- Evaluate the performance of each direct report at least annually with written performance evaluations.
- Recommend compensation changes for all direct reports within corporate and budgetary guidelines.
- Overall responsibility to evaluate and recommend training for employees working within the Operations Department within a specific geographic region.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or other related field and/or
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the wind-energy field, including
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervisory experience.
- Strong computer experience required, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Software Programs and Maximo.