The Manager, Valuation and Analytics will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and using proforma valuation models to evaluate the economics of renewable energy projects including wind, solar, biomass, pumped storage, and other technologies. You will assess and communicate effectively project values and associated risks to senior management for investment decisions.
Reports to: Director, Valuation & Analytics
Division/Department: Development/Valuation & Analytics
Location: San Diego, CA
95% of the time is spent using computers in the office environment with up to 5% of the time travelling to meet with counterparties, attend conferences, training, etc. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA, Word, and Powerpoint required. Familiarity with simulation and risk analysis software desired. Other programming languages/software packages are a bonus (Matlab, Promod, R, SPSS, Stata, etc.).
• Provide modeling, pricing, and analytical support to Valuation and Transactions, Project Finance, Asset Management, and other groups, as necessary.
• Help drive the valuation process: update and refine proforma valuation model, validate specific model inputs, run scenario analyses, and quantify risk.
• Masters degree preferred, but not required
• At least 3-5 years valuation experience
• Renewable or energy industry experience preferred
• Strong understanding of valuation concepts and skills (DCF analysis, IRR, option pricing)
• Strong Excel skills; extensive financial spreadsheet experience
• Knowledge and understanding of statistics
• Simulation experience (Crystal Ball, @Risk, other)
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a fully integrated team (developers, project managers, legal, consultants, accounting, project finance, etc.)
• Ability to convey detailed/complex financial information accurately and concisely
• Understanding of US energy, capacity, A/S, and REC markets and pricing
• Understanding and working knowledge of renewable energy project tax equity financing structures (partnership flip, sale leaseback, inverted lease)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for a position, please submit your CV/Resume along with the position title(s) electronically to EDF Renewable Energy.
Click Here to Apply