The Distributed Solutions team at EDF Renewables is focused on the development, design, and construction of distributed solar energy projects. Distributed projects tend to be smaller than « utility-scale » projects and located closer to where the energy is needed. Our team collaborates with landowners across North America to utilize available land for solar development. EDF Renewables has leased or purchased many types of land for solar development ranging from ten to 200 acres in size. Some examples of land types include:
- Industrial sites – brownfields, former quarries, unusable areas for corporate purposes
- Farmland – with the option to resume farming
- Large rooftop space – warehouses, distribution centers
- Parking areas – used to provide « solar carport » development
- Unused land – owned by a city, municipality, or other nonprofit organization
Find out if your land is suitable for lease or purchase for solar project development.
Complete an assessment request form to have our Distributed Solutions team conduct a solar, solar + storage or solar + storage + EV charging feasibility assessment.