La Mitis Wind


La Mitis Wind Project represents a joint-ownership undertaking formed by EDF Renewables and Énergie Renouvelable de La Mitis, a company wholly owned by the RCM (Regional County Municipality) de La Mitis which is an association of 16 municipalities. Énergie Renouvelable de La Mitis owns 30% of the project while EDF Renewables holds the remaining 70%.

Located in the unorganized territory Lac-à-la-Croix in the RCM of La Mitis, administrative region of the Bas-St-Laurent, La Mitis Community Wind Project is comprised of 12 turbines supplied by Senvion. The project has declared commercial operation on October 2014.The electricity generated is delivered to Hydro-Quebec Distribution under a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement.

Liaison Committee

The Liaison Committee was established to facilitate the contribution of the community in the development of the Massif du Sud Wind Farm while taking into consideration the interests of land users and encouraging the participation of local businesses. The committee is composed of community representatives as the municipalities, MRCs, private landowners, environmental protection agencies, land user groups and CLDs. The objectives of the committee are to:

  • Continue effective communication between all stakeholders and the developer;
  • Understand issues related to the operation of the wind farm;
  • Recommend satisfactory solutions to stakeholders;
  • Identify potential opportunities for local business and service.

Follow bellow the reports of the Liaison Committee meetings:

Contact Us

Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have at the following e-mail address:

24.6 MW
October 2014
Date of Operation